The First Spark

 
   The photo above was taken for an assignment in my first year at photo school-a focusing exercise if I remember correctly. I didn't think it would turn out to be one of the stronger images that term, it's just a bowl of cherries, but, it was for more than one reason. Of course, I gained greater knowledge from the essential assignment, but, in making this image, something clicked for me.  I enjoyed making this image-all the tinkering with the cherries, the bowl, it's positioning, most importantly, getting correct focus and exposure. This image made me realize that it's the details I enjoy working on.
  I'm in my second year, and have morphed into a food photographer, and I love every bit of it! I never would've imagined that, me with a Fine Art background, would fall head over heels with the commercial side of photography. And this image cracked open that door!
 
Listening to: WUMB, Wilco, Miles Davis, Alabama Shakes
Reading: Bon Appetit, Kinfolk, "Exiled in Paris" by  James Campbell

Comments

Popular Posts