Local Edibles-Spindrift



The older I get, the more I have to look after myself, including what I eat and drink. In the past couple of years, I've really cut down on my sugar intake, and I don't really crave soda as I may have when I was younger. But, not too long ago, I did crave soda-badly. Thankfully, there was Spindrift as an option! I love this stuff, and have had almost all of their flavors, including some of the new seltzers they released.
Spindrift was founded by Bill Creelman, who was brought up on a farm in Western Mass (yay!) and was looking for a way to rid himself of Diet Coke. He wished for something refreshing, but with simple ingredients, and something he could feel good about giving to his family. After some experimentation, Spindrift was born! Using only fruit and vegetables grown on family farms, triple-filtered water, and cane sugar, and bottled in Waltham(just outside of Boston), what you taste is everything Mr. Creelman hoped for-soda satisfaction!
Their website is great too. It has all the farms mapped out, and a 'What's New' section that features some of their favorite small businesses. Isn't that neatest way to support other people?
So, if you need some soda, without the guilt, I recommend Spindrift, highly....get the cranberry or blackberry.....I'm hooked, as you can tell from the photo!

Comments

Popular Posts