A Visit Home

A couple of weeks ago, I was able to go home for a couple of days, and be with my family and meet some close friends, some I haven't seen since summer. It was a much needed visit, as I'm facing graduation, from an intense program, in ten weeks! I met my friends at the Holyoke St. Patricks Day Road Race, a tradition in my home city that I've never attended until this year (funny huh?), and it was such a nice time! Everyone in the city, of every stripe came out for it and what's more, I was able to see, talk to , and hug my ladies! (I'm smiling at the memory as I type this)

Aren't they lovely? There are a couple missing, but I know I'll see them at some point, after graduation. I've known all of these ladies for over twenty years-how lucky am I? Seeing them and just the general celebratory air in the city made for a special visit-dare I say maybe a bit bittersweet since I'm not sure when I'll be going back to visit. But, apart from my amazing family, these ladies are my anchor. For me, they are what home means to me.
 
Here are some more photos from that day:

Comments

Popular Posts