Befriending Fear

This post starts with a confession: I graduate in two weeks, and I am scared to death. Of what? Scared about not making it. There's a great deal of pressure on me making it work. No one is putting this on me but myself because this is a second career for me, but, it's also my passion! I feel that I have to make it not just for myself, but my family too. They have been so supportive in a myriad of ways, and I want to be able to be just as supportive in return-I am not an ungrateful brat.
Obviously, I'm the only one who can do something about my fears, and to make things happen, which I will do. It's just the how of it all that I can't see. But, recently, I came across a quote that states,"If the path before you is clear, find another path." Some very true words there. And the path before me is anything but clear!  But somehow, as afraid as I am, I will keep going. The fogginess, and uncertainty can be exciting, and being an artist gives me the luxury of being creative as to the 'how' of all of this.
Right now, I have the choice to be stalled by fear-which would make all my hard work meaningless. Or, I can befriend fear and take it with me, and together, we'll go onward.

Thank you for reading!
 

listening to: the xx, Boston, Swedish House Mafia, Daft Punk, other 70's classic rock oldies but goodies
reading: design and food blogs ( as photo inspiration)



Comments

  1. move to new york!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be scared! The world awaits you as you graduate. Congrats if you have!
    Glam kisses,
    MarianKihogo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marian, thank you soooo much for the nod of support! It is very appreciated!
    Be well, and kisses to you too!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts