Collaboration

Ah, life! It has been a very busy three months since I last posted on here, but I have made some changes that will put my work back in focus where it belongs!
One of the small motivators to that change, was a recent launch event I attended/photographed(my first event!) for a start-up that a coworker of mine founded. Maddie Bergier is the founder of Chef'd Up, a website that brings local chefs to your home or private event in fun, new way. She says she enjoys collaborating with clients and chefs and is always going to events and meeting people who can/are connecting her with chefs. Even more, Bergier's office is located in The Food Loft, a collaborative workspace in Boston's South End. She shares space with an event planner, food bloggers, a small batch jam producer and two publications, to name a few. What struck me most, aside from how cool the space was, is the support she received from her fellow 'lofters,' and how great it must be to have people right next to you to bounce ideas off of. People who are also just starting out themselves! It reminded me of being in school, and working with some of my classmates on their shoots, or just simply offering and getting feedback.
Collaboration is one of my favorite things about being a creative person. It fuels community, inspiration, not to mention being a huge source of motivation! So thank you Maddie, for asking me to do this. You may not know it, but it was just the right nudge I needed to make a change!




Comments

Popular Posts