Sometimes, I have to remind myself I make art or, Macro lens fun (and a bit of cliche)





While I was a student in photography school, I heard a term dubbed by an alum called "Fine Art suicide." It's roundabout meaning refers to images all photographers make at some point, such as the sea, waves, sunsets/sunrises, doorways etc. We find beauty in these things, maybe because the composition is already there, maybe because its easy, but, at one point or another we all do it. But, its only a starting point. Recently, I went back to that starting point. I hadn't taken any images in months, and took some inspiration from a restarted project, and on a rainy day took some pictures with a macro lens, just because. It felt good to photograph things I haven't done before, even if many others have done the same. It felt good to do that for me, to go back to basics....here are some images from that day

Comments

Popular Posts