Local Edibles-Buenas


Hello! It's been a while! Feels good to be making a post again, and this one I'm pretty excited about. This Local Edibles post features a cool, up and coming, food brand named Buenas. It's founded, run and produced by just two hard working people, Melissa and Sebastian, who are influenced by the South American/Latin cooking they grew up with, and wanted to share the goodness! I had the fortune of meeting Melissa and Sebastian at a pop-up dinner a couple of years ago, when they had their first food venture, Hey Empana, and was able to taste their creative, delicious take on the empanada. It's been a joy watching them grow and expand into sauces-hence, Buenas!
I purchased the Chimi sauce (and they make another Dulce de Leche type sauce that will be my next purchase), and boy did it elevate my plain chicken and potatoes meal into fresh, green, garlicky heaven! I'll even admit to the unladylike behavior of swirling my fingers around the plate, and licking off the sauce-it's that good people! With a sauce as versatile as this, it'll one of my new kitchen staples ( think dressings, soups, dips). Oh, and they still make their delicious empanadas. You can get them at the Taza booth in the Boston Public Market-chocolate, churro and empanada nirvana!
Gracias to Melissa and Sebastian, for creating something amazing, for being examples of passion and hard work, and for sharing a delicious part of your heritage. I can't wait to see what you guys do next!

Comments

Popular Posts