Local Edibles-Local Pasta Makers


Hello there! For this edition of Local Edibles, I decided to do something a little different, and I hope you like it. I'm calling 'Local List.' and this post will be the first in a small series I'll be doing over the summer as I eat my way around the metro Boston area, enjoying food, ice cream, and with this post, pasta, and sharing some of the establishments with all of you! It's no secret, I love pasta! Any shape, any size, I love it's simplicity, comfort and diversity, and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't like it. While one of my kitchen goals is to make a batch of pasta from scratch, for now, I've been going around town getting pasta from other places besides restaurants-if it's made from a small, local producer, all the better right?
And now for the list!
-Nella Pasta, Boston
-Dave's Fresh Pasta, Somerville
-Deano's Pasta -featured in the above photo is their Smoked Mozzarella and Basil Agnolotti-absolutely delicious!
-Allora Pasta, Southborough

*and while this isn't local, or necessarily small, I'm going to give a 'shout out' to Angy's Pasta of Westfield, MA. I grew up eating their tortellini soup. The company has become a mid-sized producer over the years, but I like that I can get the soup out here, and it tastes the same as it always did!
I've eaten pasta from all of these producers, and it's all incredible, and they're all right here! If you have any favorites pasta makers you enjoy, I'll welcome any recommendations!
Thank you and happy eating!



Comments

Popular Posts