'Enough' from the project "Seeking Clarity"

This is a bit of prose/poetry from an ongoing writing project titled "Seeking Clarity." For me, this project is the epitome of spark and whimsy! It came about and while I was working on something else, and refused to go away until I wrote down what it was insisting. Ah, the muse can be demanding and elusive all at once can't it? It's been a while since this work tapped me on the shoulder with something to say, and here it is:

There are times when her mind brought about memories
unpleasantries
of when she didn't measure up
when backs turned on her
ears closed to her voice
faces turned from hers
not gregarious enough
not loud enough (not fun enough)
not pretty enough
her education, not enough
her words not strong enough (to matter)
her life not busy, exciting, adventurous, shiny enough
enough
enough of that she thought
my life is mine
my mind
heart is mine
is me
and that is
enough


Comments

Popular Posts