Local Edibles- My favorite places

Today was my first Sunday off in years-I'm not kidding- and I went to a favorite bakery down the road from my house that I haven't been to in months. It was blustery, chilly but sunny-the perfect Fall day, and the perfect day to relax with some bakery treats, and tea that tastes the way my grandmother made it, from Greenhills. It's a local favorite founded by an Irishman and his wife, and its the kind of place that folks go and sit with good tea and coffee and have Irish breakfast rolls (authentic ones!)scones and classic bakery pastries. You know the ones- black and white cookies, whoopie pies, apple squares and danishes-pure comfort! There's always a line, but its worth it and the place is like a second home to many of the Irish living in my area, and its the ONLY place I can get tea that reminds me of someone I love and of where I'm from. And it had me thinking. Thinking of comfort, relaxation....of, home, really. It had me thinking of some of my favorite places here in Boston where I taste home, and here's what I've come up with:
-Greenhills Bakery, Dorchester
-Mul's Diner, South Boston
-Busy Bee, Brookline
-Veggie Galaxy, Cambridge
-Monica's Mercato, Boston, North End
-Al's, Boston, several locations
-J. Pace, Boston, Seaport
-Eagles, Brookline
-Modern and Bova's, Boston, North End
-Cutty's, Brookline
-Emma's Pizza, South End and Cambridge
This list will grow, I'm sure, the more I get back out, explore and taste-can't wait


Where are the places that you taste home?

Comments

Popular Posts